Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Here's who's following and how

It has been just over a week since I joined Twitter, and I noticed that there are already over 250 people following me. I didn't understand how that happened so quickly, so I posted the following query:

Who are all these people following me? Curious. Pls send a note how you found me.

The answers are a fascinating display of the spider web of filaments that is represented by social media. Here's a sample:

Not sure! When I passed on something from your blog to @healthblawg (David Harlow), I think I ran your name through an index.

Hi! I'm a Social Work Intern @ BIDMC in the CVPR. Barbara Sarnoff talks abt your blog so I checked it out!

Hi Paul, Ralf Lippold mentioned on www.xing.com that you are also on twitter.

I've followed your blog for over a year now, share it with my top management as best example of CEO blogging.

I'm an administrative fellow & your blog has been quite helpful to me. Here's mine: http://blog.michaelmillerjr.

I'm a regular reader of your blog (keep it up - great stuff). When you said you were on twitter . . . of course I'd follow!

Twitter from yr blog. Blog I forget, but close to first post.

I picked up your twitter from your blog.

I'm a healthcare reporter writing an article about twitter. I'm curious how twitter complements your blog. Is it useful?

I work in healthcare IT, your blog is in the healthcare bundle in the new google reader update http://bit.ly/oEbw.

Via dmscott. I'm an interactive creative director we do creative for health care marketing. http://www.prestonkelly.com/#HOME-99

I work at Microsoft and my customers are mostly healthcare providers; I follow leaders in this space to know whats on their minds.

I found you reading about HealthCare IT Standards; been reading your CIOs geekdoctor blog several months! Love the transparency!

Hi Paul, found you here. Looking forward to your perspective on things. (I work in a lg hospital in NJ)

I found you because I follow @kevinmd, @doctoranonymous, etc; I'm chronically ill & have chat for chronically ill.

I found you via @dmscott. I found your blog a year or so ago by accident.

1 comment:

e-Patient Dave said...

Dude, it's been TWO weeks. Thy natal tweet:

Engage with Grace: Several dozen bloggers in the health care field and beyond are today engaged in a bl.. http://tinyurl.com/6rq3n6 12:07 AM Nov 27th from twitterfeed